Friday, January 9, 2015

Christmas 2014

This year, my family came to town to celebrate Christmas with us. We started in early December to get the house all spirited up. As always - I probably went just a bit overboard, but I thought it looked nice.  

the living room with 5 new pillows

Wally seems to show up in all my pictures. This is not staged- he's just a little ham. 

the tree with its mini-skirt from last year

snow flakes and berries over the doorway

twinkliness on the mantel

the fireplace with 7 borrowed stockings, some branches and the twinkliness

one of the new pillows in the fireplace room

a gingerbread house that was made entirely by my family, of which I had no part.

my standard candles and ornaments centerpiece

a new runner I made out of fabric scraps, with a candle floating on cranberries

more of the dining room

live garland wrapped up the staircase

Because I like to document things, it occurred to me on Christmas morning that I should make a short video of the holiday. It's a shame I didn't start earlier, because we did a few cool things in the two days before Christmas that they were all in town. But here's what I've got - my second attempt at a video showing Christmas Day, and the two days after it that we shared with some of my family. Enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment