Sunday, August 11, 2013

Painting the Garage

Ok, so you may remember from the yard discussion that the garage was originally orange with yellow trim. As we were landscaping, I painted the side of the garage that faces the house, but I sort of cheated and didn't paint the back of the garage. I felt kind of bad that our neighbors still had to stare at the ugliness, so i've been meaning to finish painting it for a while. I decided it would be a good furlough day project.

So this is what it looked like to start. Sorry for the colors- it was really sunny so the pics are all kind of blown out.



First step was to scrape everything. The paint was really bubbled up, so this was super necessary and super slow. Particularly awful task on a hot day when the chips stick to you. 



Once scraped, I did a quick coat of primer. 



Then I covered it all in one coat of paint. 



I went back to edge with a brush, and voila- no more orange!




Then two coats of paint on the trim and ta daa!! All done. 



Itdn't she pretty? No more eyesore for us! The neighbors all seem appreciative. 

Total time= 1 week
Active time = 10 hours
Total cost = ~$50


No comments:

Post a Comment